We live in a world where many people suffer from anxiety, and they don’t know why they are suffering, and how to overcome anxiety.
So in this article, we are going to share with you what anxiety is, the causes and symptoms of anxiety, the types of anxiety, and finally how to overcome anxiety attacks, So let’s start.
What is anxiety?
Anxiety is also a mental illness like depression. It is the state of mind in which the fear or worries of a person never goes away. They are constantly worried about things around them and even the smallest of things can easily trigger them.
Anxiety is the feeling of negative anticipation or the anticipation involving fear in it. In an anxiety disorder, the fear keeps getting worse instead of getting better.
Like any other mental illness, there are mild and severe conditions present in anxiety as well. It is a constant nervous feeling before something important or even a small thing. There are two major types of anxiety. One is normal anxiety and the other is an anxiety disorder.
Causes of anxiety
There are several causes of anxiety and everyone with anxiety might have a different cause. Each of the causes can also have a different level of the outcome on the state of anxiety. The causes of anxiety are as follows:
- Environmental factors are also causes of anxiety. They are such as stress caused by a personal relationship, financial issues, work, and traumatic events or at times even due to the shortage of oxygen at higher altitudes.
- It is also hereditary and people have it in their genes to get anxiety attacks.
- Side effects of a certain medicine, as a symptom of any upcoming illness or due to stress caused by an ongoing medical problem.
- The chemistry of the brain. Brains of some people have the natural audacity to get anxiety attacks.
- The usage or withdrawal of any substance which is addictive.
ِAnd then, there are some common symptoms of anxiety you must know before resuming with how to overcome anxiety attacks.
Symptoms of anxiety
Anxiety is a disease just like any other mental or physical illness. There are causes, symptoms, and prevention of anxiety.
There are multiple symptoms of anxiety through which a person can get an idea if he is suffering from an anxiety problem or not.
Following are some of the most common symptoms of anxiety
- Worrying about every big or small thing too much. Worrying to the point that it disturbs your everyday life and causes fatigue.
- Not being able to sleep properly and instead of getting worrying thoughts constantly lying in the bed awake.
- Fears which are not genuine and are over very small things. Fearing to the point that it starts scaring you.
- Constant tension in the muscles. If you find yourself contracting your muscles, balling your fists, or clenching your jaws every now and then or a few minutes, then get the hint.
- A physical symptom of anxiety is chronic indigestion. You must not take indigestion lightly.
- Fearing to get on the stage and facing the audience is also one of the symptoms of anxiety.
- Getting conscious about you every small thing even when everything is fine and worrying is not required.
- Getting panic attacks over big or small things and being unable to control yourself.
- Getting not very happy flashbacks from the past triggers anxiety attacks.
- The feel to make everything perfect anytime and all the time.
- Having compulsive behavior physically or mentally.
- Feeling the need to doubt your capabilities and work.
Types of anxiety
There are several different types of anxiety. Some of these types are mild stages of anxiety and the rest are the serious stages also known as an anxiety disorder. Following are some of them listed
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Selective mutism
- Separation anxiety disorder
- Specific phobias
The types of anxiety are complicated and mostly interlinked with each other. However, to get a more specific and correct diagnosis you must consult a psychologist in order to avoid any haphazard and regrets in the future.
How do overcome anxiety attacks permanently?
So how do overcome anxiety attacks?. Anxiety is a mental illness and people should make efforts to get rid of it completely. Suffering from anxiety is a lot of work and only the sufferer knows the pain of it.
There are a lot of ways through which anxiety could be cured including medication, professional help, and other methods. Following are the ways which help you to get rid of anxiety completely.
- Replacement coping mechanism: This is one of the most important steps to cure anxiety completely.
There are different things that can be used to replace as a coping mechanism. However, alcohol, medicine, and being alone are not the very best options for that purpose. The better and healthier ways are jogging, yoga, arts and crafts, happy and mind games ….etc.
- Facing the anxiety triggers: People often start fearing anxiety triggering to the point where they completely stop facing the things which trigger their anxiety.
However, the better way is to face them and try to stay calm about it.
- The positive shift to thoughts: Trying to think positively and giving it your best shot is the most important thing to do when you are trying to eliminate anxiety completely and get it cured.
These are the three major things to consider when trying to get rid of anxiety. However, there are further specifications for these points which will be helpful to cure anxiety in a better manner.
Understanding the specifications to cure anxiety completely is very important since you will be your own doctor and have to help yourself.
Anxiety is a serious mental illness that should be taken seriously as well. The above-mentioned ways to cure are not easily possible for some people. Especially the ones who have higher stages of anxiety cannot get it cured just by following these tricks.
For such people, professional help is a must. However, getting professional help is not always convenient due to certain unavoidable factors. For that issue, you can consider online therapy.
Online therapy is currently the easiest way to get a psychologist’s help for mental disorders and get them treated without the usual obstacles which people face otherwise.
Help is very important to cure higher stages of mental disorders such as anxiety and depression and online therapy is the solution to the problem.